WHAT THE GOSPEL IS ALL ABOUT
- Telling man that there’s nothing good about him
- Letting man know his real self is wretched through and through, debauched all around, and evil continually.
- Reminding him that his sinful nature is constantly at war with God
- Warning man the only escape from God’s judgment and wrath to come is to run to Jesus, begging for mercy
- Telling man that the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord
- God sending his only begotten Son to take upon Himself the punishment that is due for man’s iniquities
- Exhorting man to deny himself, nail the flesh to the cross, and die to self
- Pointing man to Jesus Christ, the Savior of our soul
True Gospel Is Not About:
- Motivational speech to assuage man’s self-esteem
- Pumping up man’s ego by telling him he is a giant on the inside ready to be discovered
- Encouraging man to take charge and take control of his life
- Teaching man how to use God to achieve his dream.
- Serving men platitudes to tickle their canal minds and make them feel good about themselves.
- Putting on a show to thrill the crowd
- Promising a blissful temporal existence.
- Guaranteeing absence of pain and suffering,
- Assuring victory over sickness and disease
- Banishing poverty and lack
- Educating man how to gain the world and lose his soul
Post a Comment