THE UNVACCINATED ARE DYING, DON’T JOIN THEM



By Akin Ojumu

It used to be that the risk of infection, hospitalization, and death from COVID was highest among the elderly, those who are immune-compromised or have pre-existing medical conditions like hypertension, diabetes, kidney disease, etc. That demographic profile changed dramatically with the approval of COVID vaccines and commencement of mass vaccinations around the world. The COVID vaccines, as a game changer, helped turn the tide in the battle against SARS-CoV-2.

What we find these days is that the prevailing predisposing characteristics of those getting infected with, hospitalized for, and dying from COVID-19 have nothing to do with demographics. In these unusual times, a common thread that runs through the vast majority of people infected, hospitalized and dying from COVID is the fact that they are gullible, duped, and obstinate. Nearly all of the new COVID cases, hospitalizations and deaths now occur amongst those who seem to have entered into a lottery of death. These are folks who, for a variety of reasons, vehemently and stubbornly refuse to get vaccinated.

Across the United States, data from public health departments in both red states and blue states are universally consistent. The unvaccinated are dying and the vaccinated are living.

The unvaccinated now make up 99.5 percent of those dying from COVID in the USA. All over the US the story is the same. Those who have chosen not to receive the COVID vaccines have set sail on a turbulent sea of pain and misery on a voyage to a likely death. They are filling up the hospital beds and piling up in the hospital mortuaries.

Data doesn’t lie, conspiracy theorists do. The COVID vaccines work, data from the states supports that fact. Here is a sample of reports from just two US States.

“Nearly all COVID-19 deaths reported in Alabama since April 1 have been people who were not fully vaccinated against the respiratory disease, according to the Alabama Department of Public Health. Alabama has seen 529 deaths related to the pandemic since the start of April. Of those, only 20 were fully vaccinated people, or about 3.8 percent. The remaining 96.2 percent were not fully vaccinated” – (Alabama Public Health).

“June 2021 data: 100% of COVID-19 deaths in Maryland occurred in people who were unvaccinated. 95% of new COVID-19 cases in Maryland occurred in people who were unvaccinated. 93% of new COVID-19 hospitalizations in Maryland occurred in people who were unvaccinated.” – (Director of Communications to the Governor, State of Maryland).

If nothing else penetrates the thick skull of a vaccine denial or a vaccine hesitant, that should. These are numbers that would ordinarily scare the bejesus out of any normal human being who has a scintilla of sanity. But with anti-vaccine conspiracy theorists, don’t count on it. Some of these people’s skulls are made of steel, impenetrable to facts and their minds are seared hot with iron, impervious to truth. There’s nothing anyone can say to dissuade a man who has signed a blood pact with death.

To those still redeemable and persuadable, however, here is my advice to you:

Oh, when the anti-vaxxers go marching in,
Oh, when the anti-vaxxers go marching in
To the hospitals
I don’t want you to be in that number,
When the anti-vaxxers go marching in

Oh, when the anti-vaxxers go marching in,
Oh, when the anti-vaxxers go marching in
To their grave
I don’t want you to be in that number,
When the anti-vaxxers go marching in

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YOU CAN’T LOVE NIGERIA & WANT BOLA TINUBU AS ITS PRESIDENT

THE PATRON OF PREBENDALISM EYES ASO ROCK (PART II)

DON’T BE A DATA POINT ON THE COVID DEATH CHART