FELLOW NIGERIANS, THE CHOICE IS OURS
By Akin Ojumu
At a certain point, we Nigerians must choose what’s most important to us.
We must decide between:
1. Citizenship that is defined by a broad National Identity or Citizenship limited to narrow Ethnic/tribal Identity
2. Astute & Informed Citizenship or Aloof & Ignorant Citizenship
3. Government that Celebrates its Citizens or Government that Pillages its Citizens
4. Citizens that Exercise Civic Duty or Citizens that Outsource their Civic Responsibility
5. Electing Virile Political Class brimming with fresh and Innovate ideas or Electing Senile Political Class peddling stale bill of goods
6. Service to the Common man or Subservience to the Puppet Masters
7. Elected Leaders that are Accountable to the Electing Citizenry or Elected Leaders Answerable to the Sponsoring Godfathers
8. Leadership by Elections or Leadership by Proxy
9. National Growth and Development or Stomach Infrastructure Development
10. Using National Wealth in the service of National Welfare or Diverting National Wealth to Personal use
11. Citizens electing leaders based on personal assessment of the leaders’ performance or Citizens casting their vote based on what the Godfather commands
12. Being Taken for a Ride by the Political Class or Ridding ourselves of Pilfering and Profligate Ruling Class
The choice we make on Saturday, February 16, 2019 will forever define our destiny. The decision we make inside that voting booth will seal our fate as a nation.
As you lay your bed, so you’ll lie on it. Toute nation a le gouvernement qu'elle mérite. Every nation gets the government it deserves.
Vote with Prudence!