TECHGIRLS SUMMER PROGRAM 2022
Opened on November 16, 2021
Closes on Saturday, January 15, 2022.
TechGirls participants are selected based on the eligibility requirements below. Independent selection committees composed of industry leaders and regional experts review applications. United States Embassy personnel in your country of permanent residence interview semifinalists.
If you are a U.S. applicant, please see the U.S. Youth Ambassadors program page.
2022 Eligibility Requirements
Students eligible to apply are those who:
(1) Are from one of the following eligible countries/territories:
Sub-Saharan Africa (AF) – Cameroon, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, and South Africa
East Asia and Pacific (EAP) – Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Mongolia, Taiwan, and Vietnam
Middle East and North Africa (NEA) – Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, and Tunisia
South and Central Asia (SCA) – Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan
Western Hemisphere (WHA) – Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Costa Rica, Honduras, and Suriname
Europe and Eurasia (EUR) – Albania, Cyprus, Greece, Kosovo, Montenegro, and Turkey
United States of America
(2) Are between the ages of 15 and 17 at the start of the exchange July 7th, 2022;
(3) Have demonstrated advanced skills and a serious interest in science, technology, engineering, and/or math in their academic studies;
(4) Intend to pursue higher education and/or careers in technology;
(5) Have strong English language skills;
(6) Exhibit maturity, flexibility, and open-mindedness;
(7) Will attend at least one additional semester of secondary school upon their return to their home country; and
(8) Are committed to completing a community-based project upon their return home.
(9) Preference will be given to those who have limited or no prior experience in the United States. You are not eligible if you have travelled to the United States in the last three years as part of any other ECA exchange program.
The 2022 TechGirls application opened on November 16, 2021 at 12:00PM EST and will close at 12:00PM EST on January 15, 2022. Semifinalists will be contacted via email on/around March 1 for the next stage of interviews. Final decisions will be made in early April. All applicants will be notified of the results of their application.
The TechGirls team is working closely with the U.S. Department of State, local and global health professionals to plan a program that adheres to the best public health practices. If the global health situation stabilizes and travel restrictions ease, we hope to conduct the program in person in summer 2022. We remain open to providing a high-quality virtual exchange if necessary.